Friday, July 29, 2011

a ferry and a film

As our time at GH starts to wind down, Kylie told me she has a bucket list of things to do before leaving New York. Yesterday we checked off the Staten Island Ferry.

It takes 30 minutes to get to Staten Island and 30 minutes to get back, and… it’s free! Who knew you could take an hour-long boat ride past the Statue of Liberty (twice) and not pay a dime?

Afterwards we went to see Beginners , and I loved it.

I have a deep weakness for romantic comedies, so it’s not hard to pull at my heartstrings, but this one really left me smiling and swooning (mainly over the girl’s hair). It dealt with some weighty themes, but balanced them with just the right amount of endearingly quirky moments.

It’s been out all summer, so hurry and see it before it leaves!

Full disclosure though: Watching this movie will make you run home, pull on a cuffed blazer and try to imitate the heroine’s tousled up-dos for longer than you care to admit

(at least I hope so, because that’s what happened to me)

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Grace, your blog posts make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete