Tuesday, July 5, 2011

all lit up



Over the past few years I've gotten to spend 4th of July in San Francisco, Boston and now New York - and New York really does have the best fireworks.

My friends and I ate more homemade pizza + key lime cheese cake and strawberry short cake. Then we watched fireworks from the end of my street. For future reference, you can't get down by the water if you leave your apartment at 9 - but Jane Street is so close to the Hudson that we still had a great view. And we didn't mind standing in a parking lot with our cheesecake in hand : )

For some reason, fireworks made me more nostalgic and homesick than I expected. They made me miss my family who I was with last year and Jonathan, who I was with on day 2 of our first date the year before. I guess when you’re a kid fireworks are new and sparkly and exciting, but when you grow up the sparkles get a little more sentimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment