Monday, July 11, 2011

just a phone call away

This weekend included but was not limited to...

jay-z – flying solo, unfortunately
vintage shopping in Brooklyn
unbelievable Mexican food at San Loco
The Jane – an old hotel just a block away with a bar that looks like a 20’s suare! ...sorry, that was cheesy, but I couldn’t resist
overpriced, but completely worth it, chocolate mint chocolate chip ice cream
Redeemer’s nighttime jazz service
Manhattan Murder Mystery with Brian and Jodey
sleep, but not very much of it


There’s not enough space to tell stories about all of my weekend adventures, but here are a few things I learned…

My favorite shop in Brooklyn is 10ft Single . It’s full of vintage scarves, shirts, boots and so much more, and it’s incredibly organized and easy to browse. Tatum and I might even go back next weekend.

Woody Allen and Diane Keaton are the perfect cure for a little homesickness, or a little of anything for that matter. You can’t watch them without loving New York.

Williamsburg reminds me so much of Athens, but bigger, and by the water, with a wider selection of old finds and street vendors.

Nothing in New York was better than talking to my brother Misha. His call made my day, and “we miss you around here Gracie-girl” are some of my words of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment