Wednesday, July 6, 2011

christmas in july

Yesterday I went to work and played with toys - - well, sort of ...

The Good Housekeeping Research Institute upstairs recruited interns to help set up toys for tons of kids who will pile into their office for the next two weeks.

GHRI tests products that are featured in Good Housekeeping and gives worthwhile products a seal of approval. Every Christmas, they put out a study on new toys – how kids react to them, how easy they are to set up, etc. – and in the magazine world we're already gearing up for the December issue.

I made lots of friendship bracelets, set up a recycled paper circus and most impressively… built the Lego rocket launcher above! Okay, I didn’t build it all by myself, but I did lend lots of Lego skills I didn’t know I had.


I was exhausted after work and had a brief tired meltdown on the phone with my mom (…I guess all those toys took it out of me?), but after dinner and a nap, Tatum and I hosted a lovely little birthday party for her friend Hannah.


We had 3-Buck-Chuck, donuts from The Donut Pub down the street and lots of little tea candles to make our apartment feel homey.

No comments:

Post a Comment