Tuesday, July 19, 2011

nineties nostalgia

It may seem like I go out and do fun things non-stop in NYC, but not enough gets said about the delightful activities that don’t require me to leave my couch. Namely, Dawson’s Creek .

Whatever my posts may have led you to believe, I am actually very tired and exhausted when I get home from work. Until now I hadn’t realized quite how draining 9-hour days can be. I still love my job and eagerly wake up each day, but I save most of my New York excursions for well-rested weekends.

Tatum and I devote many-a-weeknight to 3-buck-chuck Chardonnay and an episode or 2 of Dawson’s Creek. We called nearly 10 movie rental stores when we first got our Dawson’s urge, and no one carried it… maybe because it aired in 1998? But a grungy, little shop in Chelsea agreed to order it for us. By the looks of the box we think they downloaded it or ordered from China.

Regardless of the legality of their methods, Tatum and I regularly walk the High Line (2 miles of over grown rooftop gardens that deserve their own post), grab a snack and pick up our next installment of the endearingly cheesy 90’s flashback.

And I love those nights just as much as city outings.



No comments:

Post a Comment