Sunday, June 5, 2011

in why see

In the rush of getting things together before New York I've terribly neglected this blog. I'm settled in NY now though and ready to write about adventures in a new city.

In a long story (too stressful for this blog) my housing fell though --- but I found a new place to live that's even better! It's the first floor of a brownstone in the West Village, and until then I'm staying at my aunt and uncle's. They are wonderful and graciously welcomed me with afternoon BBC's and dinner at Fusha , an asian fusion restaurant on the Upper West Side.

Before I left though....

I celebrated my roommate Kaiti's 21st birthday!!! I love her so much, and she looked beautiful in new birthday espadrilles. I had to miss the lake and Athens celebrations, but I'm got to be there for celebration part 1 and say goodbye to her and Emma.

On Friday night my family and I ate a farewell dinner at Empire State South , a Southern-inspired restaurant downtown. It was delicious. For our appetizers we ordered oysters and their house charcuterie (above). The charcuterie included mustards of every color and texture, along with meats and veggies, and the presentation was almost as good as the food.

Here are my brother Matt and my dad at dinner. I'm so excited to be in New York, but I have also loved being home with my family for the past 3 weeks. I love them more than I can say, and my dad has been so comforting and reassuring in these stressful past few days.

I hope your weekend has been wonderful and that you have a relaxing Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment