Sunday, May 29, 2011

on the road again

This weekend, a subset of my family and I went to Tuscaloosa for my friend's wedding. Elizabeth and I have been friends since I was 8, and even though she has moved around a few times since then, our families have always stayed close.

Our trip started out on a stressful note, when we locked ourselves out of our house, tried to break back in and realized our safety glass is too strong for baseball bats. But with our house so safe we couldn't get in, we started our drive...

Things picked up in Birmingham where we ate a WONDERFUL meal at Bottega . It was very popular and there was an hour wait, but a table opened up after only a few minutes! From the moment we sat down they showered us with Southern charm - we started our meal with cucumber mojitos and ended it with a complimentary bag full of cookies.

The next day we went to Elizabeth's beautiful wedding. The folds of her satin dress were breathtaking, her groom couldn't stop smiling and dancing and shrimp and grits at the reception were the perfect ending.

I hope you're having a happy Memorial Day weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment