Thursday, August 18, 2011

my almost birthday

Yesterday Jonathan picked me up from class and made me an early birthday present...


First we stopped at Lowes for a metal pot. Then we picked out plants at Thyme After Thyme . Finally we settled ourselves on his front porch where I ate a sandwich and he planted me a lovely little herb garden!

We included cilantro, oregano, 3 kinds of basil, mint and a few flowers to make it pretty. Now my front stoop looks so cheery and smells amazing.

To make your own...

1. Hammer holes in the bottom of a metal pot
2. Crush aluminum cans and put them in the bottom for a water filter system
3. Cover with a paper towel
4. Add your herbs
5. Keep in full sun and water regularly

In addition to an herb pot, Jonathan's present gave me a perfect midday break from all my work (I had to read a book, and a play and write a news story already). Also, we're going to use the mint for blackberry mint mojitos at my birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment