Monday, August 29, 2011

can we take a breather?

This was the lazy Athens weekend I've been longing for. Homecomings, first days of school and birthday celebrations are wonderful, but I was ready for a slow, sunny Saturday and no obligations.


On Friday evening Brit and I went to Terrapin with a bunch of friends, and I got in free! for having a birthday this week. I know, I said the birthday celebrations were over, but this was the final little perk.


Then we ate dinner with Sadie, Zelda and Magali at White Tiger and sat and talked for hours. I had a seared tofu salad (above). At the wee hour of 9 p.m. Brit and I drove home, exhausted, and fell asleep watching Father of the Bride. (Actually we fell asleep during the opening credits, but would we sound a little cooler if we stayed up for a whole movie?)

I slept past 10 on Saturday (the latest I've slept since May!), ate breakfast with Jonathan at Big City, read, ran, relaxed and had dinner with Brit, Tatum and Anna. We made sangria with the ingredients my mama brought, and it was wonderful! It would have been even better if we'd let it sit over night, but we'll plan better next time... at least it looked pretty ;)

I started my Sunday with church and Five Star Day brunch, squeezed some studying in the middle and finished it off on a nighttime drive with Jonathan. I hope your weekend was relaxing and filled with friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment