Friday, August 26, 2011

the birthday that never ends

As if I haven't had enough birthday celebrations already...


my parents came in town with another little present (the Grit cookbook!) and coconut cupcakes from my Grandma.

We went to the Oak house where Tyler made us pre-dinner martinis in Mason jars.
(That’s the townie Athens way to drink them, in case you were wondering… or the way to drink them when you can’t afford martini glasses).
My dad especially enjoyed them, because he and Tyler share a love for gin and lemon zest.

Afterwards we met Matt and Carol at Le Dolce Vita for dinner. We ordered red wine, bruschetta, caprese salad and a platter of olives, meats and cheese. By the time my main course came I was already stuffed, but I still managed to down a large helping of pasta ;)

I love my family so much, and I can't even explain how thankful I am for them. Saying goodbye was sad, but hopefully I’ll go home and visit soon... I better after getting so many birthday surprises delivered to my door!

No comments:

Post a Comment