Wednesday, August 24, 2011

finally twenty one

I woke up Saturday to a mocha chocolate cake on my doorstep. My sweet mom had ordered it from a bakery in Athens.

She showed up a few hours later with a pitcher, a set of 8 beautiful glasses, and ample ingredients to make sangria (including a lemon or orange in every glass). She is the most thoughtful gift-giver ever! I’ve learned never to ask for anything, because her presents are always better than what I come up with.

My roomies and I spent the day baking and getting ready for our party. We ate Earthfare takeout for dinner and made blackberry mint mojitos. The sugary mint mixture wasn’t fun to clean, but the drinks were so pretty that out Mason jar presentation was worth it.

After dinner we threw a birthday/ everybody’s back party, and it was perfect! Really though, it was everything I ever wanted for my 21st birthday. Everyone I missed this summer was there, and my brother even came from Atlanta.

In true Hampton House fashion, my roommates made me a HUGE sign to wear around my neck with 21 things I had to do by the end of the night. (I did all but 2... and ended up with a few bonuses) At midnight we went downtown, talked on the deck at Bluesky , attempted to steal pool balls from Magnolia's, danced at 9d’s Bar and finished the night at a hot dog stand.


My favorite part of the weekend though was Mama's Boy on Sunday morning. We sat on the back porch and ordered champagne strawberry lemonades. I'm so happy to be back with my roommates and back in the land of cheese grits, butter, biscuits and $4 meals!

They are the best friends ever and did so much to make my birthday special. They even cleaned the whole house afterwards (and accidentally stole a lot of balloons from Kroger).

No comments:

Post a Comment