Thursday, August 25, 2011

3 a.m. yoga

Last night I woke up at 3 in the morning in excruciating pain. Okay, maybe excruciating is a little strong, but I'm a baby about stubbing my toe so it felt like that to me. My stomach hurt so badly that I crawled, bleary-eyed into Brit's room and curled up in fetal position on her floor. She woke up Kaiti who pulled her car around in case we needed to go to the emergency room.


Minus the gory details, I had a really bad case of food poisoning, and while it was far from funny lying face down on the hardwood floor - we were dying laughing about it today.

Brit has a terrible fear of 3:33 a.m. (the witching hour in scary movies), and her first thought was that I was possessed.
Kaiti was trying to teach me “child’s pose” – a more effective yoga move for pain relief.
All I could mumble the whole time was that I wanted running shorts… I guess I didn’t want to wear pj’s to the ER??

The moral of this story is that they are WONDERFUL friends, and there's a reason they're going to nursing and PA school. They jumped out of bed, stayed totally calm and gave me Ginger ale to make everything better ;)

This is not my bed, but doesn't it look so comfy to crawl back into?

No comments:

Post a Comment