Monday, May 16, 2011

suzanne's kitchen


One of the best parts about being home for the past two days has been eating my mom's delicious dinners. On Monday night she made sage limeade drinks (above), mushroom stuffed pork tenderloin and chocolate-banana ice cream pie for dessert. Just by the names you can tell it was all incredible.


Tonight we had this loaded chopped salad (below) and herb soup with crab. Both were even better than last night's meal, and right now we're making strawberry blondies to top it all off!

Not everyone knows this about my mom, because she usually keeps new recipes to the privacy of family dinners, but she is an incredible cook. Rather than make the same dishes over and over, she has made something new almost every night of my life. She just goes through magazines and cookbooks, recipe by recipe, and tries every one that looks good.

I think she's the best cook in the entire world, and I hope someday I can be as good at cooking and as adventurous with recipes as she is.

1 comment:

  1. Suzanne is DEFINITELY the best cook. I remember being at your house and she had made sandwiches with different color breads and cut them in little triangles. I felt like such a failure as a mother!!!!

    She is my hero!

    ReplyDelete