Friday, January 27, 2012

smitten for sugar

A little more frequently than I care to admit I find myself in a lengthy conversation about desserts...


The current flavors at Yoforia, the sensation upon biting into a Jittery Joe's cookie, the number of times I've gotten Grit cake to-go that week - you get the idea. I have a HUGE sweet tooth (as do many of my friends who chat cake with me), but not just any sweet will do. As a seasoned Athens sweets eater, I've pared it down to a few key favorites...

1. Grasshopper, Lemon Poppyseed or Carmel Brown Sugar cake from The Grit
2. Ginger Molasses cookies from Jittery Joe's
3. Oatmeal Cranberry Orange cookies from Earthfare
4. A Sausage and Syrup or donut from Ike and Jane's
5. Pumpkin Spice Yoforia with Graham Cracker crumbs

Those are my five greatest weaknesses. Some people will tell you Last Resort cakes are the best, but they're not. I tried a slice, to be fair, last week, and I'll always be a Grit cake girl.

1 comment: