Thursday, January 26, 2012

choosing your china


Before we got engaged, Jonathan and I always said we wanted our wedding to be exactly that - our wedding. So while there are certain traditions I love, like not seeing each other before the ceremony, we've made no effort to follow customs or norms.

Instead of picking out china, we decided to register for R. Wood Pottery . It fits our style, it's from Athens and I'm sure I'll use it year round. Plus we didn't have to settle on one pattern - we get to mix and match!

On the subject of breaking wedding rules, the NY Times published an article last week on unconventional wedding dresses. I'm not sure if I'm bold enough to wear a colored one, but I did get mine from Claire Pettibone (who's mentioned in the article!) and her gowns aren't your standard satin and lace.

1 comment: