Thursday, November 17, 2011

occupy oak street

This weekend Lauren came in town! Lauren has been one of my best friends since we were 3-years-old. We've seen each other through every stage of life - Barbies, braces, pretending to be Laura Ingalls Wilder in the creek. She knows me better than almost anyone, and she's the most loyal, patient friend in the whole world. She's so great at calling me to catch up, even though I'm terrible at returning phone calls. Every year her birthday falls on GA/Auburn weekend, so she and her roommates drove to Athens!


After meeting her sister Andrea, and a bunch of Auburn friends at Transmet, we grabbed my roomies and headed to the Oak Party...


Well, I changed clothes, and then we headed to the Oak Party. Oak Party is actually code for sweaty-intense-mosh-pit-dance-party, so last year everyone dressed accordingly. This year SB and I were the lone tattered t-shirt and glitter representatives, but that's okay - we danced more than most people too so it was worth it ;)


On Saturday we went to our last home UGA game as students. We were a little nostalgic, but it was such a perfect night for a game and we won 45-7, so we couldn't get too upset about it.

Post Oak Party and game we were exhausted (Brit fell asleep on the table for the majority of dinner), but we're troopers so we still met friends at Blue Sky and cozied up at Lauren Anne's house for dessert. It was a wonderful, but not very restful weekend, so I'm itching for Thanksgiving break in just one day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment