Tuesday, November 22, 2011

check please!


After a Josh Ritter concert Friday night (thanks to my sweet mom who made dinner and bought tickets for many many friends!)Jonathan and I headed to Chattanooga for the weekend. We ate out on Saturday night, but on Sunday we decided to cozy up in front of the TV with white chicken chili and 90's thrillers. I've always had a weakness for 90's romantic comedies, but I learned that Morgan Freeman/Ashley Judd action flicks are pretty great too.


On Monday Jonathan and I went to Aretha Frankenstein's for breakfast. It's a bar by night/ breakfast spot by day, and it's decorated like a Mary Shelley reenactment from floor to ceiling. Unfortunately, it's also crowded and while we tried to wait to be seated - two men pushed in front of us and squeezed their way onto the only open bar stools.

After waiting hungrily and not-so-patiently, we finally settled down at a pac man table. Our biscuits and omelets were completely worth the wait, but the best part of our meal was that it was free... Our pushy barstool friends picked up our tab to apologize! Their little act of kindness made our morning and made us want to secretly pick up other people's tabs someday.

That night we ate an incredible dinner of veal parmesan and apple pie at Jonathan's grandparents' house, and this morning I headed back home.
I've been snuggled up talking, eating and drinking coffee with my family ever since ;)

I hope you're break has been filled with food and cozy conversations too!

No comments:

Post a Comment