Tuesday, October 11, 2011

running for cream cheese


In case this picture doesn't say enough, our weekend in Chattanooga was beautiful! And we took full advantage of it. We ate outside at Nino's on Friday, Lisa and I ran along the brow on Saturday, Jonathan and I took the dogs for a walk that afternoon and on Sunday we went for a post-church walk/workout... (Bob and Lisa surprised us with push-ups and planks every time we passed a bench).


I know that sounds very active, but we also spent a lot of time watching movies on the porch. I cut Jonathan's hair during Bridesmaids, and I don't recommend watching that movie while holding scissors near someone's head. He survived, but it wasn't the best haircut I've ever given ;)

On Saturday night we went to an engagement party for our friends Mark and Sarah, and got drinks with Addie, Doug and Kelsey at Urban Stack afterwards. It's a gourmet burger place, but their drinks are just as creative as their toppings - mine had ginger root sticking out of it.

Inspired by she and Bob's recent trip to Italy, Lisa made us an Italian feast for dinner on Sunday.


We ate outside, and the only thing better than homemade pasta and bruschetta was Catie and Martha's surprise visit! Martha is Jonathan's cousin, and her daughter Catie is the most adorable, imaginative girl in the world. She showed off her gymnastics moves and told us lots of stories about her friend Leo the Lion... he even stuck his toe in our bonfire.


I know this picture doesn't exactly fit in my post, but I can't write about Chattanooga without mentioning cream cheese muffins and cinnamon rolls. In addition to being tucked in the woods amidst creeks and waterfalls, Jonathan's neighborhood has a local bakery, apple orchard and farmer's market.

The Bread Basket has the softest, creamiest, melt-in-your-mouth cream cheese muffins. Jonathan and I usually split one, but after running 11.5!! miles in preparation for the Athens Half - I felt like I earned a whole one.

No comments:

Post a Comment