Wednesday, October 26, 2011

run, run, run as fast as you can


This is my mom, Kaiti and I post half-marathon. We took a few pre-race pictures, but those were at 5:40 in the morning, so I decided to spare you ;)

I think we look pretty good for finishing 13.1 miles just moments before! This was Kaiti's first half-marathon ever, and she ran it with almost no training. My mom and I did train, and apparently our hard work paid off, because we cut our time from last year by 8 minutes! We were thrilled, and after showers, Aleve and church we treated ourselves to a big Mama's Boy breakfast.

I love my mama so much, and I'd been looking forward to this weekend for months. She came prepared with warm clothes and caffeinated goo, and her encouragement made the race enjoyable from start to finish. Well... the HUGE hill in mile 13 took away a little bit of finish line joy, but we were smiling again once our legs recovered.

**I know caffeinated goo sounds gross, but the Clif Bar mocha flavored one is so good! I had another one for breakfast post race, and I kind of want to stock up on them for late night studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment