Thursday, October 6, 2011

elephant ears

This Saturday I got to spend the whole day with my Grandma, and we baked elephant ears. They're also called palmiers, but I like the first name better. They look like fancy French cookies, but they're actually so easy to make!

Just roll out a sheet of puff pastry covered in sugar



fold the sides inward three times



cut 3/8 inch slices, bake them for 6 min on each side...



..and voila!
Beautiful heart-shapped, elephant ear cookies



Here's a link to the full recipe description from Ina Garten. She makes them with cinnamon, which I think would be even better.

Today my little sister's coming to visit me, and I can't wait! I hope you're having a happy Thursday, and if you live in Athens go see Emily Hearn at the Melting Point tonight. You can buy tickets for just $5 here ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment