Wednesday, March 30, 2011

almost famous

This is my beautiful, talented roommate Emily. Last night Jonathan, Sarah Beth and I drove to Atlanta to see her play at Eddie's Attic, and she was absolutely glowing. When I met Emily freshmen year she had never written a song and hardly anyone knew she could sing. Now she's recording an album, has a following and opened for Hootie and the Blowfish last week.

Emily was the opening act, and you could tell the next band regretted having to follow her. Her song writing has become so much more mature in the past few months, and she was so comfortable on stage it seemed like she'd been performing for years. Watching Em play is always a little bittersweet, because I miss days when she and I could skip our classes and stay up til 4 in the morning talking every night. Now she travels most weekends, and I have responsibilities I can't neglect. Thankfully, we still find times every now and then to sit and talk about anything and everything, and tonight Emma and I got to help her write a new song!

If Em hadn't been so breathtaking, these leopard print shoes would have stolen the show. They looked adorable, and she used them as a new percussion instrument.
You can buy Emily's music on iTunes or go to her website to find out about upcoming shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment