Monday, March 21, 2011

spring break

Okay, I know I abandoned this blog for a long time, but thanks to Kaiti and Sarah Beth I'm re-inspired to keep it up...

Last week me and 18 friends went to Brittany's family beach house in Edisto, S.C. We started the trip out with dinner at Cracker Barrel. Since breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, I had biscuits for dinner. They were buttery and delicious, and I knew I was on vacation when I made them my whole meal.
We spent most of our days relaxing on the quiet beach, and we had an intense kitchen dance party every night. On Wednesday we went an old plantation called Botany Bay. After driving past fields down a long dirt road and walking through marshland you reach a beach that's covered with old white trees.
It was beautiful and unlike any beach I had ever seen. It looked like the site of a Vanity Fair or Anthropologie photo shoot.
There were only 7 of us left on the last night, and we went back to the Botany Bay marshes to watch the sunset and take pictures. I know it's nothing like the Africa, but for some reason the flat marshes and low trees reminded me of Lion King more than coastal South Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment