Wednesday, March 23, 2011

seven things

One of my best friends Sarah Beth has a great blog called Chronicles of a Cody Girl , and she just got the 7 Fun Facts Blog Award. She is a much more faithful blogger than me and deserves to be recognized, but she gave my little beginner blog the award too! I look up to Sarah Beth a lot, and after reading her blog you'll see why. She is so wise and compassionate and always makes you feel like the most important person in the world when she talks to you.


So in response to SB's nomination, here are 7 facts about me ....

1. When I know people really well I start calling them by a double name - Brit Brit, Kaiti Kaiti, Tyler Tyler. It's kind of weird, but I think it's just a nickname to tell them I love them a lot.

2. You've Got Mail is hands down my favorite movie of all time. I would be Kathleen Kelly and own a children's bookstore in NYC if I could. It's hard to beat 80's and 90's romantic comedies. They were just better back then.

3. When I get hurt I way over react. I think this started as a self defense against little brothers, but I actually am a pretty clumsy person. In high school I broke my foot by stubbing my toe too hard and dislocated my knee by piroetting in the kitchen.

4. I did ballet from age 3 to 15. I loved it, and I still have all of my point shoes. They used to hang on my wall, but now their tucked away in a box in my closet.

5. I was obsessed with Madeline when I was little. I had all the dolls and books and I always asked my dad to draw a scar on my tummy to pretend I had gotten my appendix out too. Despite my low pain tolerance, I've always had a secret desire to get my appendix out.

6. I love going on long drives. I could drive and listen to Patty Griffin for hours and never get bored. I also love long drives with people, because that's when I have the best conversations. I like that there are no distractions from being together and I love the feeling of escaping and going somewhere new.

7. Mornings are my favorite times of the day. I love waking up when everything is still and quiet, and I love feeling at peace before the stress of the day. Every morning a I wake up an hour or two before my first class, because I want time to eat breakfast, study at a coffee shop or catch up on reading. I also love meeting people for breakfast at Mama's Boy or Big City Bread . My new favorite thing is a smoke salmon & fried egg biscuit sandwich at Big City.

So now it's my turn to award a blog...
My roommate Emily's blog is actually her music website, but she treats it like a blog. It's so friendly and well written, and she puts up pictures and videos all the time. You should visit it because she has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard and she's one of the most loyal and loving friends I've ever had.

1 comment:

  1. I love that I get to be your mom...and got to dress up as Miss Clavelle to your Madeline....and went on the NYC You've Got Mail tour with you...and witnessed your toe-stubbing, knee-crunching injuries, but know that you are actually braver than your cries of distress would lead people to believe....and love and enjoy and admire you so much.

    ReplyDelete