Tuesday, April 26, 2011

iron and wine

Yesterday Tatum surprised me...

with the tickets to the sold out Iron and Wine show at the 40 Watt!

Iron and Wine was great, and the best part of the show was their a capella version of "Flightless Bird" during the encore. But I loved Low Anthem, their opening band, even more. They all constantly changed instruments throughout the set, and their voices were beautiful.

I have a big final project due on Thursday, but I don't even mind, because that was such a good start to my week and my weekend was wonderful too. It was full of my favorite things - a family walk around Piedmont Park, sushi at Prime, a DELICIOUS home-cooked Easter lunch (that I'm still full from) and a little date to see Water for Elephants on Sunday night!

Also, I'm reading "To the Lighthouse" by Virginia Woolf for a class right now, and I can't put it down. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment