Wednesday, February 8, 2012

let them eat cake

Yesterday was Charles Dickens' birthday, and to celebrate my teacher brought...


....a Charles Dickens cake!
How wonderful is that? That an esteemed, well-published professor cares so much about his class of undergrads.

I just have to take a moment and say how much I love being an English major and how much I will miss it next year. I know I can always be a reader, but it just won't be the same. Right now we're reading Bleak House, and while it's enthralling on my own, it's even better in a class full of Dickens students.

I hope you're having a cozy morning on this gray day! If you have a few spare days (weeks?) you should pick up Bleak House. I'm only 250 pages in, but I'm sure all 850 pages will be worth the while.

1 comment:

  1. Would you recommend Bleak House for me? I've got a few months until I get some new books c:, and maybe it could be a book for a 10 hour plane flight...? :)

    ReplyDelete