Tuesday, December 6, 2011

oh christmas tree


I know I say pumpkin patch day is my favorite day of the year, but Christmas tree day is right up there too. My family (aka my sister and I) are really big on traditions and doing the same things, the same way every year. This year Kate and I gave in a little and agreed to go get the Christmas tree without our brothers. Believe it or not, they don't love whole-family-pile-in-the-car traditions quite as much as we do.

Every year we drive 5 minutes down the road to Sherry's Produce, a little family owned produce shop that sells trees. The same family helps us every year, realizes they don't have a chain saw, struggles with a handheld one and secures a tree on our car. I love it, and I'm not willing to cave on many more details ;)

Even though we were brotherless, we managed to find a HUGE Christmas tree. It was so fat that it took three friendly neighborhood Christmas tree salesmen to squeeze it into our stand.

Does your family have Christmas tree traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment